Foyle Cycling Club’s North West – 3 Day Race
Tour of North West is a new 3 Day race for A4 riders based in Derry with the aim to be one of the best cycling events of its kind in Ireland. The 2017 FCC North West 3 Day will take place from 12th – 14th May and is set to attract some of the country’s best cyclists. Foyle Cycling Club has a reputation for hosting some of the finest cycling events in Ireland, including the Ulster Championships in both 2015 & 2016. In 2016 this was recognised by Foyle Cycling Club being shortlisted for ‘Cycling Ireland Club of the Year’ and winning ‘Cycling Ulster Club of the Year’.
The 2017 event will see some of the best A4 men’s riders compete on some of the hardest roads in the North West. The Women’s race will cater for women of all categories (A1/2/3/4) which promises to make some exciting and fast racing.
Foyle Cycling Club’s PRO Thomas McLaughlin is looking forward to an exciting race; “We are delighted to promote this new race on some of the hardest roads in the North West. We’ve got some challenging stages in store for our A4 and women competitors and we’re expecting places to sell out in fast, given the interest we’ve received in such a short period”.
The race will have plenty on offer in terms of competition. The men’s race will cater for 120 cyclists, 110 of which will be allocated to team entries, and there will be a separate women’s race available across all categories. There are plenty of jersey competitions to play for, with the overall race Leader, Sprints, KOH, Women’s, and Combativity competitions.
Entries are open via application to [email protected]
Foyle Arena, 2 Limavady Rd, Derry. BT47 6JY
- Two races available: A4 Men and Women’s.
- Entries open on now, apply via [email protected]
- Entries will be reviewed and approved/rejected
- Entries cost £65 per rider. Payment will only be taken once entries are approved.
- A4 race:
- Entries invited from A4 Senior/Junior men (including M40/M50/M60).
- Teams need minimum of 3 riders. Preference to 5-man teams.
- A small number of solo riders will be accommodated.
- Competitions for Overall, KOH, Sprints and Combativity (most aggressive rider).
- Women’s race:
- Catering for A1/2/3/4
- Individual riders, teams and composite teams welcome (min 3 riders).
- Stage details will be released shortly
- 4 stages: 1 TT stages & 3 road stages.
- Full time trial bikes and equipment permitted for TT stage.
- For further information [email protected]
Friday 12th May
Sign-On: 16:00 – 17:30
Depart Time 18:30
Saturday 13th May
Sign-On: 08:00 – 08:45
Depart Time 09:00
Sign-On: 12:00 – 13:00
Depart Time 13:30
Sunday 14th May
Sign-On: 08:30 – 09:30
Depart Time 10:00